Design 2 Recline - Furniture was delivered defective and/or damaged. Retailer is refusing to deliver new furniture in good condition, as ordered and paid for.
Update added by user Dec 15, 2014
The attached pics are of the love seat that was delivered December 8, 2014.
Original review posted by user Dec 15, 2014
We ordered a new living room set manufactured by Design 2 Recline (AKA) Southern Motion on January 20, 2014.Defective and/or damaged furniture was delivered on April 7, 2014.
The seams were pulling apart, exposing the white inner material. Doughty's Furniture requested that we temporarily accept the furniture for inspection and guaranteed a brand new replacement set. Doughty's wanted to examine the furniture to determine if it was defective or damaged during shipping. As a result, we TEMPORARILY accepted the furniture and discarded our old set because of space limitations.
Defective and/or damaged replacement furniture was delivered on June 23, 2014, October 20, 2014 and December 08, 2014. Doughty's is now refusing to deliver new furniture in good condition as ordered and paid for; which is not requiring reconditioning. Furthermore, Doughty's has scheduled pick up of the living room set for December 22, 2014. I reminded Nancy, the Customer Service Rep for Doughty's, that we had to discard our old furniture to comply with their request of accepting the first defective and/or damaged living room set back on April 7, 2014.
Nancy told me that Doughty's was not concerned with how this situation was going to affect our holidays and refused to delay the pick up until after the New Years holiday.
I contacted Customer Service at Design 2 Recline (AKA) Southern Motion at 662-488-9301 on December 12, 2014. I spoke to a person who identified herself as Donna at Customer Service. Donna confirmed that Design 2 Recline and Southern Motion are the same company and that they go by different names at the various retailers.
Donna did some research and could not find any documentation that mentioned our name, location or Doughty's Furniture ordering a replacement set in our model and fabric. Donna stated that if Doughty's Furniture would take the appropriate steps with Design 2 Recline (AKA) Southern Motion, that we would receive a brand new living room set that would be in an acceptable condition to us. Unfortunately, she advised that their company policy is not to deal directly with the customer, regardless if the retailer is part of the problem.
No further assistance was offered by Design 2 Recline (AKA) Southern Motion.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Great job assembling furniture
- Delivery was on time
What I disliked
- Attitude 4 refusing reconditioned
- Defective or damaged furniture
- Time to resolve problems
- No concern 4 inconveniences caused
- Complaining about costs to resolve
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Living Room Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We purchased a leather sofa and love seat from Ashley Furniture,Springdale, OH in November 2008. I have paid around $1000 for these.It has not been 3 years since our purchase..."
- "Don't believe the hype!!! I bought two of these believing they would help my migraine as hyped in the infomercials. I Washed it ONCE and it turned into a..."
- "I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "My name is Eddy and 2 years ago Johnny cured my 7+ year cocaine and heroin addiction. I just went back for my annual reboot and reset and I am..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "Bought it. Loved it. It fit perfectly and was one of my favorite pieces. I followed care instructions precisely and it shrank dramatically. Dressbarn won't refund/credit me for it or..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."